Sunday, December 04, 2005

Baptism















"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

This is the Life Verse that we have chosen for our precious daughter. We presented it to her at her baptism this morning.

What a wonderful sight it was seeing Hayleigh in the gown worn by myself, her brothers, her uncle and her cousins. What a wonderful sight it was watching our Pastor carry her down the aisle at church to present/introduce her to the congregation - she only whimpered a bit as soon as she saw me drawing near:). What a sight it was to see our Pastor sprinkle Holy Water on her head and Baptise her in the name of the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit. What a sight is was to see our Associate Pastor lay hands on Hayleigh and pray for her. What a sight it was to see our special family and friends there to share in this special time.

God Bless You!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Hayleigh, child of God - We welcome you to your ETERNAL family! We look forward to watching you grow in God's ever abundant love.

Kirsten & Lance - yes, I believe you chose the right life verse. As I was reading your posts leading up to the baptismal post, the verse that came to my mind was that same passage from Jeremiah..."a future and a hope." I do believe God has wonderful things planned for this special little girl, and also for your family.

May His blessings continue to come to you all.

{{{many hugs}}} - Jenny

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counters